Since the launch of the Nothing Phone (1), the phone has received 5-6 updates now. Talking about the major update, it was Nothing OS 1.1.4, which fixed many problems with the phone (1) and also improved the camera. Today, Nothing Company released a new update which is Nothing OS 1.1.6 for Nothing Phone 1.
Nothing OS 1.1.6 Software Update
The Nothing OS 1.1.6 update was released on October 25, 2022, in the evening. The update size is around 62.04 MB which includes new features, cameras, and improvements. The update added new features like Google AR Core and Indian users can access 5G on a Jio sim card.
Nothing OS 1.1.6 Changelog
- New Features
- Now supports Google AR Core.
- Indian users covered by Reliance Jio can now access 5G.
- Sharper videos with improved stability.
- Recording light indicator is now always-on by default.
- Optimised, more fluid Launcher experience.
- More accurate battery status.
- Increased maximum brightness when displaying HDR content.
- Updated, more reactive Flip to Glyph animation.
- Glyph charging light now synced to sound effect.
- Updated NFC sound effect.
- General bug fixes.
How to Install Nothing OS 1.1.6 Update on Nothing Phone (1)
You may get a notification regarding software update on your Nothing Phone (1). If you don’t simply follow these steps to manually check for the update.
- Go to settings
- Scroll down to System
- Tap on System
- Then tap on System update
- Look for Check for update button at the bottom right corner
It will show you System update available. After that, simply click on “Download and install. It will take around 13-14 minutes to successfully update the Nothing Phone (1).
Note: Don’t try to restart your phone while updating it.
When your update is completed, just go to the about phone section in the settings to verify your Nothing OS version. Also read, Nothing OS 1.1.5 Software Update to Enable Jio 5G on Nothing Phone (1) Released
If you face any problems while updating your phone you can comment down below or mail us, we will try to help you out.