Xiaomi, known for the wide range of smartphones that it makes, is seemingly gearing up to roll out MIUI 13. The latest version of its custom interface for Android will this time run on Android 12, and as always, a number of customizations are expected to help make the interface stand out. MIUI has often been touted as one of the most notable and well-heeled customs UIs for Android out in the market. Here’s everything to know about it.
MIUI 13 Update India Release Date
Xiaomi is yet to announce the MIUI 13 based on Android 12. However, it has begun beta testing the MIUI 13 on its flagship devices. A while ago, Xiaomi CEO Lei Jung said that the MIUI 13 will be launched by the end of this year. Currently, the MIUI 13 closed beta updates are available for the Mi 11 lineup in China. When the MIUI 13 goes official, one should expect it to be first available in China. Once it is rolled out there, Indian users will get to test the latest MIUI 13 operating system.
Xiaomi’s CEO, Lei Jun tweeted in his official Weibo account says that “MIUI is in full swing making every effort to improve and will definitely do better.”. On August 10th, at an annual speech of Xiaomi CEO, Lei Jun said, “MIUI 13 will be released at the end of the year, and I hope it will live up to everyone’s expectations”.
MIUI 13 Top Features
Xiaomi has spoken about quite a few features that are expected to be part of the upcoming MIUI 13. Here are some of the most rumored upcoming features expected in MIUI 13:
- New Animations, Icons and Floating Widgets
- Enhanced Power Management
- New Always-On Display
- App Pinning on Share Screen
- Advanced Privacy Options
- Easier Notification Management
MIUI 13: List of Compatible Xiaomi Mi, Redmi and POCO Mobiles
Being one of the most anticipated custom OEM interfaces for Android, MIUI 13 is expected to be seen in a large number of phones across the Xiaomi family of Mi, Redmi and Poco phones. Xiaomi is currently beta testing the Android-12 based MIUI 13 on the Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 and Mi 11i.
On the other hand, the company has confirmed the first wave of Xiaomi devices that will receive Android 12 updates. These are as follows: Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Por, Mi 11, Redmi K40 Pro and Redmi K40 Pro+. Here are all the Xiaomi phones that we expect to see MIUI 13 on.
List of Xiaomi Phones
- Mi 11 series: Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11, Mi 11 Pro, Mi 11X, Mi 11X Pro, Mi 11 Lite
- Mi 10 series: Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10T, Mi 10T Lite, Mi 10 5G, Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Youth 5G, Mi 10 Lite 5G, Mi 10 Pro 5G
- Mi Note 10 series: Mi Note 10 Lite, Mi Note 10, Mi Note 10 Pro
- Mi 9 series: Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9 Pro, Mi 9 Explorer Edition
- Mi CC9 Pro
- Mi Mix Alpha
List of Redmi Phones
- Redmi K40 series: Redmi K40, Redmi K40 Pro, Redmi K40 Pro+, Redmi K40 Gaming Enhanced Edition
- Redmi K30 series: Redmi K30 Ultra, Redmi K30i 5G, Redmi K30 5G Racing, Redmi K30 Pro Zoom, Redmi K30 Pro, Redmi K30, Redmi K30 5G
- Redmi Note 9 series: Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 9S, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- Redmi 9 series: Redmi 9 Prime, Redmi 9i, Redmi 9, Redmi 9A, Redmi 9C, Redmi 9
- Redmi 10X series: Redmi 10X Pro 5G, Redmi 10X 5G, Redmi 10X 4G
- Redmi K20 series: Redmi K20 Pro Premium, Redmi K20 Pro
List of POCO Phones
- Poco X series: Poco X3 NFC, Poco X3, Poco X3 Pro, Poco X2 Pro (or F2 Pro), Poco X2
- Poco M series: Poco M3, Poco M2 Pro, Poco M2
- Poco C3
MIUI 13 to Roll Out Before End of the Year (November 4, 2021)
Xiaomi’s founder Lei Jun has revealed that the company is planning to roll out MIUI 13 by the end of the year. He added that the new version of the software is on track and the Chinese version will come out first with the global version coming a few weeks later of the Chinese release.